Position: Business Process Consultant (Consultant)
Summary of Position:
The Consultant is a professional services consulting role responsible for developing business transformation strategies to drive customer success. The Consultant will apply industry best practices and operate in a high-paced team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the subject matter expert in business processes related to IT and overall business processes.
- Leads workshops and design discussions to document requirements which included creating workshop materials.
- Coordinate the development team and client during user acceptance testing to ensure appropriate defect resolution.
- Assists in compiling client deliverables including client approach documents and proposals under the direction of the Engagement Leadership Team.
- Applies architecture principles to business solutions.
- Serves as the lead in the completion of Business Requirements Documents.
- Serves as the lead in the completion of Use Cases, Journey Maps, Personas and Process Flow Maps.
- Applies industry frameworks and methodology for capturing the current state of the enterprise, identifying gaps and makes recommendations.
- Conducts industry research and compiles research analysis.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and present executive level presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate knowledge of business process mapping software such as Visio.
Education & Work Experience
- 5-7 years of related experience with a management consulting firm, software organization or a minimum of 5 years industry experience in an IT or business operations, finance or related function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- ITIL v3 Expert Preferred
- PMP Preferred
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
This position must maintain emotional control under stress. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally the employee will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting and transporting of materials - up to 20 pounds, the ability to problem solve and retain information. This position also requires frequent travel, a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and attending conferences.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 17 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website