Product Owner Insurance - Shopping, Enrollment, and Distribution
Our business unit is seeking an experienced Product Owner. The successful candidate will be responsible for modernizing existing and bring new products to our clients in an engaging, functional way, while working collaboratively with product managers, architects, and other internal and external stakeholders to offer market driven innovative solutions to our clients following a SAAS agile methodology.
The Product Owner will work creatively and pragmatically to conserve resources and enable the solution design and execution of the product roadmap. Knowledge of key healthcare provider and payer demographics and an innovative perspective on product development are important in this role. If you understand healthcare consumerism, insurance distribution and how payers attract and retain membership through direct sales, insurance brokers, employers, and want to be part of a forward thinking team we are interested in speaking with you.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Align with product management to understand the roadmap, personas, and business opportunities related to the product offering
• Define features and acceptance criteria, refine to ensure readiness for development, and ensure delivery team understanding
• Manage the maturation of the feature backlog from feature identification to ready for development
• Participate in roadmap rationalization; desired feature timeline, sizing, to development capacity
• Ensure sprint readiness and planning by collaborating with agile team resources
• Identify sprint dependencies and coordinate with other product owners to ensure alignment
• Monitor sprint execution and remove obstacles for the delivery team
• Certify sprint development meets requirements and prepare sprint closure artifacts such as release notes
• Strong track-record of building and leading software solutions, progressive experience combined with a deep know-how of both technical and business aspects of product managing digital products
• Proven background and experience working in software development projects. 5 + years in an agile development environment as a product owner/product manager
• Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
• 3+ years' product development supervisory experience with exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills able to collaborate with internal customers at all levels
• Experience in healthcare, preferably in Payer and Provider digital platforms
• Strong motivational skills, especially when it comes to leading a team
• Strong problem structuring and solving skills, reasoning, and implications development, combined with strong business acumen
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering or closely related field or Health care related field with proven product experience
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 04 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website