We have a Java/J2EE Developer position. The position is Permanent opportunity. Selected candidates must be willing to join at a short notice.
Qualified candidates should be willing to work at Sunnyvale - CA.
Must Have Skills: Java, J2EE, Spring, Restful Web Services, Design Patterns, Micro Services, experience building scalable e-commerce applications
Desired Skills: Retail eCommerce experience, No SQL Database ( preferably Cassandra), Oracle PL/SQL
Develop Java and Scala programs for Qarth Pipeline using Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Storm, REST APIs and JSON.
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years experience building scalable e-commerce applications
- 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
- 5+ years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services or related skill
- 5+ years experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill
- 5+ years experience with advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase)
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience with big data methodologies involving Cassandra, Kafka and Apache Storm
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment where timelines or requirements may frequently pivot
- Previous experience working directly with front end developers and/or designers
401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
2 weeks of vacation and major holidays off.
Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement.
A professional, challenging environment as part of a world class talented team.NOTE:
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.We will only be able to respond to those candidates that most closely meet our criteria.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1REST Web ServicesPL4Required2PythonPL4Desired3ANSI SQLPL2Desired4JDBCPL2Desired5Core JavaPL2Required6LinuxPL4Desired7J2EEPL4Required
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Core CommerceNARequired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 13 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website