Philadelphia, PA or Malvern, PA
The core function of the content strategist's job is developing a content strategy based on a company's or client's business objectives and a customer's or end user's needs. The Content Strategist will lead the development of content strategies, working with copy, design, strategy, accounts and development teams to provide insights and recommendations that can improve content at the core of the client's customer experience.
They should possess a deep understanding of best practices for content creation and content management, taxonomy, metadata, content authoring workflows and should understand content governance and the value of user input. Ideally, this individual should also have an in-depth understanding of content creation and the ability to understand the complex content requirements of specialized industries such as pharmaceuticals, health care, life sciences, technology, and financial services.
The content strategist will oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle. This can include conducting content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts) as well as gap analyses. They will also create and contribute to content migration plans.
The content strategist is a high-level thinker with a penchant for keeping track of details. This person must be an idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills. They must possess the analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that's generated.
· Managing all aspects of content strategy, from analysis and strategic planning to influencing the ongoing creation, maintenance, and governance of content that serves user needs and helps achieve measurable business objectives
· Create content strategies to define the what, how much, when, where, why and how for digital content across multiple channels
· Planning and facilitating discovery workshops to gather stakeholder input and align project goals for content management; follow up planning, facilitation, and analysis of workshop output
· Assess existing client content to identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps and inconsistencies, as well as opportunities
· Creation of core message development related to key marketing campaigns (i.e. Theme, Value Proposition, Core Content elements)
· Provide thought leadership on content creation objective and promotional messaging best practices
· Provide thought leadership to develop POVs on key content issues like search, sharing, user-generated content, and content distribution
· Identify opportunities for content testing and measurement. Partner with the Analytics group to implement testing and measurement
· Outline content maintenance processes and gain maintenance stakeholder buy-in. Monitor and evolve ongoing processes
· Performing content audits, participating in heuristic reviews and review analytics to make recommendations for future enhancements
· Creating and maintaining editorial calendars, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans
· Defining standards for the content lifecycle and framework
· Developing metrics for content measurement
· Developing content requirements, including template requirements, structured content, reuse opportunities, and adaptive content recommendations
· Designing and documenting a consistent, relevant, and on-brand tone across a range of customer touch points
· Keeping up to date on breaking technologies and methodologies that allow for more innovative and dynamic content approaches
· Assisting with the technical integration of content
Required skills and experience:
· Experience developing and delivering content strategy approaches and content migration planning
· Proficiency in leading client-facing meetings, stakeholder interviews, strategic workshops, and internal brainstorms
· Copywriting experience/content creation/writing background a must
· Ability to collaborate with the internal digital team to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive approaches
· Solid understanding of taxonomy, metadata, keywords and search engine optimization (SEO)
· Understanding of tagging strategies and taxonomy framework to dynamically relate content
· A firm understanding of user experience and search engine marketing (SEM) skills
· Understanding of content management systems and processes, as well as best practices; Define content types to support content management system build; Ability to training content authors how to use content management system (s)
· Proven ability to conduct strategic content audits and inventories (qualitative and quantitative) to identify current content and future content needs; mapping content to new site architecture and identifying content gaps
· Ability to create a content development and migration plan that identifies content needs, resources and time estimates for content development and migration
· Identifying potential issues and risks for overall project timing and quality
· Project management experience will help the content strategist keep projects on track and within budget.
· Strong knowledge of digital marketing, user experience and brand strategy best practices
· Intermediate understanding of digital analytics including comfort in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 04 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website