Consulting Leader – Communications, Media and Technology (CMT) practice
Cognizant (NASDAQ:CTSH), headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.Cognizant Consulting
Cognizant Consulting is a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. With over 5,000 consultants worldwide, we offer high-value consulting services that improve business performance and operational productivity, lower operational expenses and enhance overall performance. Clients draw upon our deep industry expertise, program and change management capabilities and analytical objectivity to help improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation and increase shareholder value. We provide a number of Business/IT Consulting Services including: Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. The Consulting team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base and increasingly being recommended by analysts such as Forrester and Gartner.
The Communications, Media and Technology (CMT) Consulting Practice Leader provides oversight, direction setting and opportunity identification for a client account(s) in North America (preferably Central or West Coast). You will be positioned as the face of CMT Consulting and will be expected to have an intimate understanding of the client organization, their business needs and drivers across CMT.
• Responsible for the profitability of the practice (revenue and utilization goals)
• Identify opportunities for development/growth/maturation of Offerings, and set the direction for that growth
• Provide oversight and governance of all sold/managed engagements
• Drive business development with the proper information (creation of SOW), tools and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within the offering
• Develop and deliver best practices, delivery templates, POV papers
• Maintain awareness of industry best practices and business levers for a particular client list and understands how practice areas interact
• Oversee project delivery quality assurance
• Assign tasks when resources are between projects
• Responsible for staffing and utilization of team
• Support Recruiting & Onboarding of new employees
Formulate & execute the market strategy for the practice based on market opportunities and the firm's strength. Collaborate with account teams to develop an account-level strategy and targets and drive its execution. Work with project teams and clients to generate leads and sell consulting projects including developing sales approach, defining target client management, creation and delivery of client pitch and proposals, developing sales campaigns and managing the sales life cycle from lead identification through closing and revenue recognition. Manage executive-level client and stakeholder relationships and expand Cognizant client and project portfolio.
Sales Pipeline Management – generate sales opportunities for Cognizant and responding to client RFP responses and service requests. Develop and execute unique sales strategies at our clients - working across the horizontal consulting groups.
Responsible for practice development including identifying and focusing on the impact of industry trends on clients functional areas, identifying specific use cases and staying current with best practices in the industry. Defining relevant consulting offers and solutions, leading, coaching and training staff and building a team of practitioners for core practice offering.
Responsible for people development by fostering a sense of one-team across the practice, creating a coaching culture and setting up our associates for success. Provide opportunities for associates to continuously upskill and strengthen the talent pool across the practice, including external hiring. Represent and guide associates through the rating / promotion process.
Responsible for end to end consulting and technology project leadership deliverables for several projects. This includes P&L management as well as setting strategic direction and goals, managing executive-level client and stakeholder relationships, developing project estimates, work plans and proposals and drive project initiation activities. Facilitate project execution by providing support in executive-level issue resolution and management of scope and budgets. Provide project leadership and direction of high-quality deliverables to ensure the success of client engagements.
The Consulting Leader is expected to have deep understanding of client's business problems and provide thought leadership to address these issues. Additional responsibilities as follows -
· Increase the level of business consulting at our top tier clients, in terms of Consulting revenue and profit
· Enhance focus and market share and strengthen Cognizant relationships within the targeted organizations
· Work with Cognizant Client Account Partners and their teams to deliver that success
· Actively collaborate with other related competencies such as Customer Experience, Data & Analytics, AI, Cloud Computing, Digital Engineering to solve client problems and develop compelling & differentiated point of views
· Leverage Cognizant's global footprint and expertise to bring the best of the firm to local clients
· Lead teams engaged across various accounts and demonstrate the required skills from across the broader Consulting organizationBasic Qualifications:
· 15 years' experience with a management consulting firm, with a focus on Communications, Media and/or Technology
· 15 years' experience delivering major transformation initiatives in business, operations and technology to the Global Fortune 500
· 15 years' experience in business development, including identification of leads and opportunities, pre-sales and post-sales support and client relationship management
· Demonstrated depth of experience and knowledge in the Communications, Media and/or Technology industries
· Ability to travel 80% of the time
· Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
· Excellent consulting and communication skills, including the ability to do strategic consulting work, target operating model work, business cases, roadmaps, etc.
- People management / people leadership experience
- Experience owning/managing a P&L
- Business development track record
General internal expectations:
- The capability to operate at multiple levels of abstraction and detail – ensure quality of deliverables and inject creativity in proposals
- Continually contribute to practice-level solutions and influence a positive feedback loop with client-level implementations
- Ability to efficiently manage time and leverage a team - meeting deadlines without sacrificing the quality of the services
- Ability to apply expertise within a matrixed organization and within an integrated consulting firm
- Excellent leadership, organizational, decision making and team building skills to manage dispersed and matrixed teams.
- Superb team building skills with a predisposition to building consensus and achieving goals through collaboration and networking
- A strong achievement orientation and an entrepreneurial spirit to build the next generation practice
- A positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done to develop the next generation of leaders
- A high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure
- An engaging/open interpersonal style complemented by the analytical pragmatism necessary to quickly dissect highly complex issues
- Ability to establish immediate credibility among his/her peers and wider partners as a professional who is respected for his/her intelligence and technical expertise
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior
- Strong leadership and interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives, and the business community at large
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 23 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website