Cognizant is hiring "Business Analyst (Manufacturing) for Santa Clara, California location”. Interested candidates who are local and willing to relocate can apply.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Santa Clara, California
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for healthcare industry
· Must have experience gathering requirements and business process mapping
· Must have experience with at least one of the following business domains: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality
· Must have experience with at least one of the following business technologies: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - SAP, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - Windchill, Manufacturing Execution System (MES) – Camstar or Rockwell Automation
· Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
· Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to translate complicated technical needs for various non-technical audiences
· Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build consensus, understanding the different priorities in various teams / departments
· Ability to multitask in the role with little supervision and many demands from many constituents
· Requirements Capture: Investigate, record, analyze and confirm system requirements and business processes. Identify overlapping requirements/processes across the existing and new software portfolio. Independently conceives and develops general approaches to develop business requirements and business case. Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
· System Design: Produce high quality and concise requirements and design documents, which accurately reflect the business requirements and can be clearly understood by internal or external Solution Developers. Provide ad-hoc advice and clarification to software developers throughout the development of the solution.
· Work Management: Manage a variety of tasks concurrently and show flexibility of work patterns to meet time-frames and delivery. Suggest new processes and techniques which will improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the team. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices, monitoring progress and results, recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
· Relationship Management: Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external customers as appropriate. Act as a key interface between the business and delivery team to ensure that business needs are clearly understood, communication between the parties is effective and user expectations are managed. Approach technical concepts in plain English and with an approachable style. Demonstrate patience, tolerance and understanding. Maintain a professional attitude.
· Understanding the Business: Understand relevant business processes, activities and strategic direction and use this knowledge to:
· Assist the business in identifying their IT priorities and potential solutions;
· Identify opportunities for enhancement
· Guide continuous business improvement
· Support User Acceptance testing
· Assisting with training and documentation
· Assist the Affiliate in maximizing use of existing IT investment
· Concept & Business Case Development: Research and evaluate solution options and assist with high-level design of business and software requirements and planning of UAT, to contribute to the development of concept and business case documents for projects and enhancements.
· Determining Solution Requirements: Define and specify business and software requirements for projects and enhancements, to ensure that new system development and changes meet user needs in the most effective way.
· Enhancements: Review enhancement submissions and prioritization scoring to ensure that all change requests have been correctly specified, justified and prioritized, in line with Abbott's PMO procedures. Where required, liaise with sponsors to clarify information and assisting to resolve possible scheduling/funding issues.
· Change Analysis: Assess the impact of change on existing systems and processes and manage their impact in conjunction with service management teams to ensure change happens in a controlled way, with minimal disruption to business activities.
· Project Management - Enhancements
· Project manage the development and delivery of enhancements through liaison with users and the system development team to ensure:
· Appropriate system and user acceptance testing is conducted;
· Internal and external resources are managed effectively;
· Stakeholders are kept informed of progress;
· Issues are identified and managed to resolution;
· Deliverables meet the documented and agreed business requirements and expectations
· Appropriate post-implementation support is provided for users.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Liaison DeltaPL1Required2Business ScorecardPL1Required3Business ServicesPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 23 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website