TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This person is a technical expert on the systems and/or software associated with the products and services of the Treasury Management Division. This individual is responsible for providing pre/post technical and operational support in the field and on the phone and ensuring clients are fully enabled to utilize the features of various programs and applications. Other responsibilities include partnering with Sales Officers on product demonstrations and/or training, providing proactive recommendations and solutions on technical/business issues, and educating clients on product related risk. Additional opportunities may be assigned within the position as needed in the management of project(s) or databases.
Treasury Management Solutions Division
As a member of City National's Treasury Management Solutions group, you will make a difference by delivering integrated technology solutions to help clients more efficiently manage their businesses and working capital. This group drives and supports the bank's cash management products and services that won City National four of its 11 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide tier 2 remote pre/post sales customization, installation, training and ongoing technical and operational support of software, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers or field personnel utilizing telephone and remote diagnostic capabilities.
- Serve as the technical expert on installation, operation, configuration, upgrades, customization, and usage of assigned products. Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, recommends solutions to correct common failures and documents resolutions.
- Coordinate systems and application design, modification, trouble shooting and implementation with the client, information services, and other operational areas of the Bank as appropriate.
- Maintain documentation for each client utilizing Treasury Management services to allow for an adequate level of support.
- Provide on-site support, installation, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of company and multi-vendor systems solutions which may include hardware and software products.
- Diagnose and resolves product performance problems. Perform maintenance and repair services. Ensure client satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance. Take responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services (sales) or problem escalation.
- Provide technical expertise and support to clients in risk-assessments and the implementation of appropriate data security policy, procedures, and products. Provide technical expertise and guidance on the administration of security tools that control and monitor data security including intrusion detection and unauthorized use.
- Partner with Sales Officers on sales calls and provides technical support on product demonstrations and/or training.
- Provide additional support to the Treasury Management team as assigned. Project(s) may include product enhancements, new products, or database management.
- Maintain a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Comply fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 4 years of financial services experience
- Minimum 4 years of Treasury Management experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting complex systems and/or software
Skills and Knowledge
- BA with concentration in a discipline directly related to the financial services industry preferred.
- Experience supporting systems and/or software associated with Treasury Management products and services preferred.
- General knowledge of a wide variety of software, hardware and operating systems.
- Advanced understanding of basic banking operations and treasury management processes and other related business and technical disciplines/processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank personnel.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website