REL MANAGER SENIOR - STRUCTURED FINANCE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops and manages relationships with clients in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Presents a variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive, quality service. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing customers, providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program. It is expected that Relationship Managers will have or develop expertise in the various credit types offered by Structured Finance including leveraged lending, the asset management industry, syndicated credit and middle market cash flow lending.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identifies business opportunities and solicits referrals of other Bank products or services and/or externally from existing customers, a network of referral sources, and other professionals in the industry. Develops a strong understanding of company, industry, business and needs to assist in customer calling efforts. Sets objectives for each relationship in terms of revenue contribution, etc.
- Calls on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote all Bank products and services in order to establish a total client banking relationship. Discusses financing opportunities and general business conditions; may assist in forecasting clients' credit needs and develops solutions to serve their financial needs. Brings in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or structure transactions.
- Negotiates transactions; prices loan products within targeted rate of return; documents and closes loan transactions, ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises sound credit and risk judgement in recommending approval. Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Interfaces with other Bank departments as necessary. Defines responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any internal issues.
- Monitors and analyzes relationship results and account activities. Determines client profitability. Makes a recommendation regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares reports for management.
- In conjunction with the Underwriting Group, monitors portfolio for quality, risk and adherence to policy. Works with the appropriate staff departments to resolve issues.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
- Analyzes problem credits and meets with client to develop solutions to minimize loss exposure.
- May serve as a product specialist acting as a technical consultant to clients and Relationship Managers in various business segments and geographic locations.
- Relationships in portfolio may contain numerous accounts requiring extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to match client needs, risk control and maximize cross selling potential
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of commercial credit experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Relationship Manager
Skills and Knowledge
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Good understanding of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Sound credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled