WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops new online publications and updates and reformats existing online and paper publications to conform to current documentation standards, while ensuring that all assigned publications are free of typographical, format and layout errors; manages multiple writing assignments to meet target publication dates.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develops, writes and revises Bank publications for delivery in both online and paper format using RoboHelp (an online help authoring tool) and MS Word. May write systems documentation and department-specific manuals.
- Conducts research of source materials provided for projects and may, with Manager's approval, contact colleagues outside the department for additional input.
- Makes revisions or additions to publications to incorporate changes in current procedures. Writes revised or additional procedures in the same format as the original documents, when applicable.
- Informs Manager of changes to the status of assignments and potential scheduling problems.
- May provide administrative and technical support to other writers. This includes, but is not limited to, incorporating editing changes to drafts online.
- Coordinates with Forms Administration regarding forms, reports, diagrams and charts used to illustrate the writer's publications.
- Answers routine and non-technical questions regarding production and distribution activities, procedures and schedules.
- Maintains the current knowledge of technical writing standards by reviewing CNB publications to become familiar with Bank methods and policies.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by department manager.
- It is the individual responsibility of every colleague to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of technical writing experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience using MS Office applications and HTML
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with RoboHelp 8 plus is highly preferred.
- Experience as a lead writer/editor or similar position.
- Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to train, provide direction, and give guidance to writers as needed
- Experience with Web-based technologies.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and PC skills including touch typing are required.
- Experience with Web-based technologies is a plus.
- A detail orientation is essential for success.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Knowledge of current industry standards for technical writing, appropriate English grammar and usage, and editing and proofreading symbols is mandatory.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website