ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This person is responsible for supporting their manager and/or team as designated. This person represents the manager/team to both external and internal clients consistent with the CNB culture of relationship management. They assist in keeping their manager/team informed, with scheduling, reports, agendas, meetings, and other aspects as needed. Often this person is responsible for the coordination of the "office". This coordination may include logistics associated with the conference or meeting rooms, mail, supplies, pc's, follow through for new hires or other colleague support issues. This person often is also involved in special projects that may be repetitive or one-time, which support the team, division, or CNB.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Supports manager/team as assigned by keeping he/she/them informed of activities impacting assigned group. Assists with scheduling, reports, agenda's, or other activities as required. Frequently interfaces with internal and external clients and is responsible for exhibiting exemplary customer service in all interactions.
- Coordinates “office” functions and activities that may involve mail, phones, supplies, travel arrangements, equipment, moves, facilities, paperwork, and other duties.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Often has responsibility for or participates in special projects that may be temporary or permanent in nature.
- Composes and creates correspondence, reports and other moderately complex documents which may contain statistical data and/or confidential information which require accuracy and speed. Composes routine correspondence, reports and other documents as directed by assigned attorney. Proofreads documents for typographical errors.
- Utilizes word processing programs to create, revise, store and print various documents as required. Inputs various information to computer system via terminal entry according to established procedures.
- Ensures documents conform to established guidelines pertaining to format, English grammar and style.
- Assists in gathering information from various sources (i.e., internal files, computer reports, etc.) and organizing into specified/established format. Performs various operations (e.g., mathematical calculations, sorting data, etc.) on information gathered from various sources for use by assigned attorney or staff members. Contacts customers and/or Bank personnel to request information/documentation.
- Sets up and maintains filing systems, sorts and files various documents and maintains records of materials removed from files. May prepare indexing/cross-referencing aids. Make routine checks and comparisons of data by using various departmental sources (i.e., computer reports, filing systems, etc.) to verify information.
- Answers and screens incoming calls. Forwards to appropriate attorney/department personnel based on established directory listing. Makes and schedules appointments and/or meetings for assigned attorneys.
- Opens, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming mail for assigned attorney. Stuffs, seals and addresses outgoing mail for distribution through various mailing systems (inter-office, U.S. Post Office, etc.). May act on incoming correspondences as directed by Supervisor. Photocopies documents as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- 4 years in an administrative capacity
- 2 year basic computer experience required (eg. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Bank personnel and customers.
- Ability to use computer and various software programs including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website