SENIOR MANAGER IT SERVICE MGMT OFFICE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As part of the Leadership Team of the Technology & Innovations Infrastructure Organization this role will lead the advancement of T&I's Service Management practices to achieve leading industry practices. This will include designing service management operations in lockstep with cloud architecture and engineering to ensure ITIL objectives continue to be met while progressively pursuing new, modern practices.This role will require a senior leader with broad working knowledge of infrastructure technologies (legacy and modern), operations, architecture, platform delivery, vendor management and partnerships, cloud technologies, hybrid cloud operating models, M&A integration and Agile infrastructure. Parallelly as imperative, since this function services the broader enterprise, this leader will also need to have a strong background in applications support and operations. There will be a heightened focus towards process simplification/engineering, automation, self-service capabilities and advancements in AI operations.Additionally, this individual will lead the technology and operating model transformation toward Hybrid Cloud (on-premise and public cloud), which will involve partnering on strategic opportunities with RBC and key vendors. This role is also expected to have a significant matrix management responsibility and will be required to manage delivery and change across stakeholder organizations (technology & business groups).The ideal candidate will implement best practices with best in class solutions to ensure robust IT services that meet dynamic business needs and requirements. The role will have responsibility toward meeting CNB's platform modernization and operational excellence objectives.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for managing, digitizing and advancing the IT Service Management Office functions. This will include aligning changes in service management with evolving needs in technology and the business. The company's digital aspirations have a direct dependency with backend operations particularly relative to the broader customer experience. Technology service management is foundational to IT operations and this leader will need to both advance practices to reflect top quartile industry measures on resiliency and reliability, as well as solution for the future.
- Leads process simplification and integration of IT services for straight-through automation accessed through self-service utilities. Service Management will also need to meet the needs for SecOps ensuring controls in delivery and technology service operationalization are designed appropriately to enable an effective shift-left practice and maintain compliance continuity throughout the transformation.
- Lead and facilitate modernizing practices across various stakeholder areas for optimal service enablement across CNB, RBC and third-party relationships. With increased focus toward cloud growth for new capabilities, speed and agility, this role requires strong operational experience to ensure products and services delivered are production-ready and secure. A mindset encompassing architecture/design, delivery and operations is critical to continuously strive for simplification and minimize operational complexity.
- Work with market leaders and a cross-functional team of experts across T&I to design and implement a fully instrumented and AI-enablement operations. This will play a critical part in SRE enablement and ability to engineer operational improvements and constructs to drive reliability and efficiency. Most times, this will draw from a broad experience of innovative/creative solutioning and reimagination of operational practices.
- Responsible for ITIL functions such as service and asset management, monitoring and automation, operations center, incident and change management, and digital service management.
- Partners with stakeholder areas to coordinate an end-to-end change agenda and will serve the role of an “integrator” in IT operations to help guarantee continuity and dynamic consistency amidst a high change environment and accelerated delivery.
- Demonstrates the behaviors of a Next Generation Leader with critical focus towards driving a culture of agility and speed, continuous learning, flexibility and innovation.
- Proactively seeks ways to enhance the capability and performance efficiency, efficacy and success of City National's innovation and technology modernization efforts.
- Keeps abreast with the latest market developments and emerging technologies and continuously/proactively evaluates adoption opportunities at CNB.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in experience in Information Technology
- MInimum of 5+ years of experience in a direct management leading large teams, including managing managers
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in Infrastructure transformation & modernization
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in managing enterprise scale infrastructures across broad technology disciplines such as Compute, Storage and Networking verticals
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience in supporting complex infrastructures across multiple landing zones
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms (primarily Azure) in an enterprise environment
- Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading enterprise platforms
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
- Strong ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to provoke thought leadership in others
- Ability to influence resources to deliver in a matrix environment while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership skills & demonstrated matrix organization management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with input from resources from a variety of teams, delivering high quality, on budget, within schedule solutions as an IT service.
- Broad industry knowledge and collaboration skills to bring forward new ideas to improve service delivery, speed, and cost optimization.
- A strong understanding of Information/Application Security and compliance requirements on premise and in the cloud
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies
- Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Strong strategic planning discipline, with experience building and communicating business cases for technology change
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both business and IT stakeholders and leaders, as well as related IT project and operations teams
- Knowledge of varying architecture methodologies, with demonstrated ability to select and apply the appropriate method to the problem at-hand.
- Grasp of current and emerging technologies and trends, with ability to rapidly assess and apply new and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to assess necessary activities and prioritize for completion of assignments using excellent time management, prioritization skills and work ethic
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website