SENIOR CREDIT OFFICER CB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Sr. Credit Officer participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting and portfolio management expertise to the Commercial Technology Banking team. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers (prospective and existing). Prepares credit analysis and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ("CRR") is submitted.
Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, third party reporting, familiarity with technology (particularly later stage companies), collateral issues and values, loan structuring, and legal documentation. May function as the primary credit contact for clients and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.Commercial Banking Division
As a member of City National's Commercial Banking group, you will help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market businesses and organizations with professional management, headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding the client's needs, the team delivers specialized service and industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies that are growing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Reviews loan request application and financial information; evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager, CBS Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Manager and Manager and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy for prospects and existing clients.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Actively monitors the existing portfolio as reporting is delivered (reviewing trends, covenant compliance, etc.) and follows up with management as appropriate.
- Performs quarterly Problem Loan reporting for Criticized / Classified credits including: financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Takes a proactive approach toward development and implementation of Action Plans. Escalates potential credit issues to Relationship Manager, CBS Manager and/or Credit Manager.
- Has primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to management and track reporting and respond to past dues based in partnership with Relationship Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, internal loan closing and operations teams, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. If applicable, reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- *Minimum 7 years' experience in underwriting medium to large sized and moderately-complex commercial credit required.
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required (preferably in ABL or cash flow lending).
- *Bachelor's degree and/or Credit training is required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience (or strong interest) with later stage technology cash flow positive companies
- Requires extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of commercial credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit problems.
- Well versed in evaluating models provided by management teams and sponsors (often private equity).
- Ability to work well independently to underwrite new deals and manage existing client portfolio (including refinances) including thorough diligence, financial modeling, underwriting memos, and preferably legal documentation for both direct and participation deals.
- Communicates skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Good organizational skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #LI-BD-1 #CA-BD1 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website