MANAGER OF AUDIT SR- BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Audit Manager will lead a team of auditors to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to regulatory requirements and Bank policies, and the effectiveness of operations of the banking (e.g., Entertainment Banking, Personal & Business Banking, Real Estate Banking, Commercial Banking, International Banking, Specialty Banking and Mortgage Banking) functions. The Senior Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the audit, including the planning, execution, and reporting phases. The Senior Manager will also be involved in internal and external issue validation as well as audit continuous monitoring activities; along with Data Analytics to support continuous monitoring, leveraging the use of information analytics, business intelligence, data mining, and other technologies and tools.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Leading and performing audits to verify the adequacy and effectiveness of controls over front-line banking, branch, international banking (foreign exchange, trade finance, and interest rate risk management), and lending operations.
- Championing a thorough understanding of th platform business banking functions and risks, including but not limited to the understanding of sales practice risks, fraud, loan and branch operations, lending compliance, associated regulations, guidance, and regulatory expectations
- Responsible for reviewing outstanding issues relating to source validation, reporting and controls, performing analysis to identify themes, determining the root cause of the weakness and preparing reports to communicate the test findings
- Assists with the development of audit budget estimates for respective area of focus.
- Assists with the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Leads and performs continuous monitoring activities periodically for the area assigned
- Maintains ongoing relationships with management of auditable units
- Keeps informed of new services, products and events that have a significant business and technology impact
- Keeps abreast of changes in the business, regulatory, and accounting and control environments in which City National Bank operates, especially for audit areas assigned.
- Tracks and manages audit resources to meet the audit budget and audit plan mandates.
- Supports a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team for continuous learning and improvement by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/ strategy, coaching, and supporting development goals.
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum 7+ years of audit experience in an internal audit role within the banking or financial services industry, or with an public accounting firm.
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing direct reports and demonstrated ability to develop people
Skills and Knowledge
- CPA or CIA preferred. Other certifications (e.g., CRMA, CFA, CFE, Chartered Accountant) are favorable
- A thorough understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- Possess expert understanding of internal audit methodology and principles.
- Ability to be resourceful, a self -starter, possessing a high degree of flexibility, creative thinking and confidence to carry out innovative solutions.
- Well-developed judgment, management, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required in order to effectively deal with a rapidly changing, complex business environment.
- Good time management skills in order to manage multi-functional accountabilities through prioritization, delegation, motivation, conflict resolution and the promotion of ideas.
- Excellent written communication skills are essential. In addition, should be skilled at verbal presentation, of a caliber suitable for direct exposure to executive management.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website