RESIDENTIAL LENDING LOAN OFFICER SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This position is responsible for referral-based sales of first mortgage and concurrent second loan products to existing and potential private banking and high net worth clients. By partnering with CNB's Relationship Managers, the position will support business development activities of line units and develop sales strategies to attract, retain and expand CNB client relationships through the sale of mortgage loan products and services. Conduct client/prospect needs analysis and develop proposed solutions/sales presentations to meet their needs. Maintain current knowledge of all first mortgage and concurrent second loan products and services offered.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Services the mortgage needs of Private Banking, Wealth Management and Personal and Business Banking clients whose lending needs can result in moderate to complex transactions. This individual may accompany a senior lender on business development calls and participate as a member of a lending team. Loans are generally super-jumbo in size. The position focuses on the following areas: credit structuring and analysis, assisting Relationship Managers in cross- selling first mortgages and/or establishing new relationships. Assist team leaders in training programs as needed.
- Uses proactive, consultative sales skills and strategies to identify client needs, quantify service / product benefits and present recommendations to targeted clients and prospects as assigned.
- Develops and negotiates mortgage loan sales plans in conjunction with Relationship Managers, Regional Managers, Banking Office Managers and Line Officers to support existing clients and develop new CNB relationships. Coordinates client/prospect calling activities with Relationship Managers and serves as primary technical expert for all mortgage loan products, programs and pricing.
- Fosters ongoing relationships within assigned territory by providing product/service information, attending officer meetings, conducting training sessions and supporting the business unit's effort to attract, retain and expand client relationships.
- May identify business opportunities and solicit referrals of other Bank products or services from existing clients, referral sources and other professionals in the industry.
- Negotiates transactions; prices loan products within targeted rate of return; coordinates the documentation and closing of loan transactions, ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in recommending loans for approval.
- May coordinate the cross-selling of other product and/or services (i.e., cash management, foreign exchange, investment and trust, etc.). May interface with other Bank departments as necessary to define responsibilities and coordinate objectives for all product areas.
- Obtains and completes mortgage loan application packages, including supporting documentation required to process loan requests; reviews information to ensure that files submitted meet regulatory agency and CNB policies; forwards application packages to Residential Lending within specified times in order to meet regulatory requirements for initial disclosures and timely processing as required under Regulation B and RESPA.
- Contacts borrowers directly for additional information related to loan requests, summarizes information and exercises sound credit and risk judgment in recommending transactions for approval.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Bank's credit products, programs policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies and sales objectives that are consistent with overall company objectives. Maintains an awareness of consumer market conditions and provides current information on industry trends and competitive practices that may be used in the development and/or delivery of mortgage loan products.
- Effectively manages a pipeline of loans on a daily basis.
- Represents CNB by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage lending experience in sales and loan originations
- Minimum of 5 years of business development/direct sales experience required
- Minimum of 2 years private banking experience required
- SAFE Act Registration
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively convey information to others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #LI-rd1 #CA-rd Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website