Relationship Manager IIIIncome Property Group
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Become a member of the growing Income Property Group (IPG), a real estate advisory unit within Real Estate Banking at City National Bank. IPG provides commercial real estate consulting and underwriting services for Commercial Banking, Private Banking, Entertainment, Personal & Business Banking and other line departments within City National Bank. IPG has closed over $1 billion annually in commercial real estate loans over the last few years and this year is expected to be another record. We lend nationwide on most property types including industrial, multi-family, office and retail with loans typically ranging from $1 million to $30 million.
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide inter-Bank product support for other line units or departments; recommend and assist in proper structuring of credits as required within Bank standards; gather, verify and interpret information concerning market compatible information for rents, deal structure and terms.
- Analyze property level documentation (appraisals, rent rolls, operating statements) tenant financial status and physical property level aspects using various analytical tools (e.g., spread sheeting, cash flow analysis); interpret financial data in accordance with the Bank's overall credit philosophy.
- Perform complete, detailed analyses, including analyzing financing alternatives associated with customers/prospects on placement of institutional loans.
- Structure (or re-structure) various types of deals, analyze various approaches to gaps, equity inadequacies, pricing, financing options, etc; analyze and recommend alternative solutions.
- Plan and execute negotiation strategies which protect the Bank's interests and maximize revenue alternatives while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Prepare recommendations and supporting material for assigned projects; identify aspects of presentation needing additional supporting material or clarification (oral or written).
- Identify risks and requirements for assumption to collateral analysis provided.
- Prepare annual reviews in Moody's data base consistent with CCAR definitions, reporting requirements and credit policy.
- Accompany relationship managers on in-person calls with both clients and prospects. Provide customers with descriptions of Real Estate Products and perform analyses for all types of financing vehicles; answer questions concerning other Bank products and conduct research into alternative (off balance sheet) product availability.
- Provide support to overall business development/retention efforts by providing responses to real estate questions/inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain community contact by tracking external resources; increase Bank exposure by participating in organizations and/or attending meetings related to the investor/ development community.
- Maintain a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years Commercial Real Estate Lending experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in a banking or financial services environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Bank lending policies and practices, credit analysis, credit relationships, documentation; permanent mortgage market underwriting, pricing and trends; and other products and services utilized by customers.
- Ability to maintain existing banking relationships and develop prospective account referrals; analyze complex loan proposals and financial statements; structure owner-occupied and investor credit facilities; utilize flexibility in loan decisions and account management.
- Provide advice in a collaborative manner in support of Bank growth initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills to work effectively within the Real Estate Banking Group and to support outside line unit clients; ability to establish and maintain relationships with third party lenders (i.e., Life Companies, Conduits, Pension Funds and other lending sources).
- A strong general knowledge of commercial real estate. These skills are normally acquired through 7+ years of responsible experience in the commercial real estate field in a bank lending environment and/or mortgage banking/brokerage environment; Mortgage Broker/Sales experience and license recommended.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CR-JREqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website