WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for contributing to overall branch sales efforts, maintaining first in class service levels for their branch, and all aspects of operational integrity for the branch and colleagues. Provides expertise in all aspects of providing exemplary client service and assisting clients with any transaction. Engage in completing all cashiering requests, work with clients to ensure inquiries/issues are resolved, and to analyze client needs for cross-sell opportunities. Provides accurate and timely responses to client inquiries to ensure retention of existing profitable clients. Develops new clients through referral sources and business development calling efforts. Actively engages in the sales process of the branch to ensure attainment of branch and individual goals and objectives. Responsible for finding, identifying and developing new clients, in targeted segments including business and professional segments, and Preferred Banking as defined, through proactive outside calling efforts and cultivating strong partnerships with center of influences in and around the community for referral opportunities.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Acts as a champion for clients and colleagues providing exemplary service. Partners with CNB colleagues in all divisions of the bank to support client retention objectives and proactively promotes solutions appropriate to clients.
- Functions as part of a cohesive unit to service client transactions and is responsible for upholding the operational integrity of the branch as defined by management and bank policy. This colleague understands and is able to execute all functions of the daily processes, including, but not limited to, appropriate cash handling responsibilities.
- Fully functional in delivering all components related to new accounts, including account maintenance, service requests, and risk management. Responsible for appropriately profiling clients during the new account process and actively identifies cross sell opportunities of CNB products and services.
- Calls on and collaborates with prospects and existing clients to determine their financial needs and formulates a relationship development plan that specifies ways in which products and services can meet their business or personal objectives.
- Manages an active client relationship portfolio with an emphasis on expanding existing relationships and adding new qualified relationships within the Business and Professional and Preferred Banking segments.
- Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
- Responsible for tracking individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes.
- Maintains collaboration with city loan center and sales partners.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 2 years of direct sales experience required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a banking environment required.
- Minimum 2 years of basic computer experience (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
- Working knowledge of Bank operations, policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance.
- General knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website