PROJECT MANAGER III
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize Bank projects according to timelines, milestone events and within budget. This includes acquiring resources, capacity planning and coordinating and motivating all project team members, contractors and or consultants to flawlessly complete project deliverables. Project Managers help define project objectives, scope and requirements; and ensure high levels of development and project execution throughout its life cycle. City National Bank Project Managers must adhere to the CNB Project Management Lifecycle Methodology.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
Commercial Banking Division
As a member of City National's Commercial Banking group, you will help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market businesses and organizations with professional management, headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding the client's needs, the team delivers specialized service and industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies that are growing.
Credit Administration Division
As a member of City National's Credit Administration group, you will contribute to the company's success by upholding the bank's strong credit culture, while facilitating growth and maintaining the quality of City National's loan portfolio.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
Executive Management Division
Make your mark on the small but mighty team at FilmTrack, an RBC/City National company. FilmTrack is the simplest and most powerful end-to-end rights management solution in the entertainment industry with over 20 years of specialized service to our clients.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
Human Resources Division
Through this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference as a member of City National's Human Resources team, a diverse and dynamic group focused on supporting the full lifecycle of colleagues through an exceptional workplace experience.
Legal and Corporate Administration Group
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Legal & Corporate Administration Group, the area of the bank that manages legal and corporate governance, community reinvestment, corporate premises and corporate security.
Marketing Product and Digital Division
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
RBC Banking Solutions Division
As a member of City National's RBC Banking Solutions, you will help drive expansion and collaboration as you identify and facilitate opportunities to extend the bank's products to clients of RBC Wealth Management.
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
Treasury Management Solutions Division
As a member of City National's Treasury Management Solutions group, you will make a difference by delivering integrated technology solutions to help clients more efficiently manage their businesses and working capital. This group drives and supports the bank's cash management products and services that won City National four of its 11 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2018.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
Wealth Management Division: City National Securities
As a member of City National Securities, the company's brokerage services group, you will be part of the exceptional team that caters to investors who prefer to actively manage their investments and make buy/sell decisions. City National Securities offers a full range of investment capabilities, and delivers personalized service to help clients manage their investments with confidence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
- Participates in meeting activities to identify project goals and gain consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures; fosters cooperation and involvement of support team.
- Interviews colleagues/client to identify and analyze needs; develops project plan and provides input to recommendations for request/problem resolution.
- Identifies internal and/or external resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Monitors development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Manages several projects of varying size concurrently and consults with all levels of management which may require coordinating activities across multiple departments and/or divisions.
- Prepares project status reports; makes alterations in project plan as needed.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues/clients to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels. Acts as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice throughout project duration.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Recommends and implements programs to minimize costs, ensures optimum output and maintains quality. Advises on the solution of technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Participates in project evaluation; provides continuing support and service as required.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge about treasury management products and operations, risk management and internal policies and procedures.
- For up market large customers, leads the implementations efforts of Treasury Management colleagues who review implementation packages for accuracy and completeness, follow up on missing documentation, disburse paperwork to Operations, and performs testing functions with clients.
- Prepares implementation status reports and summaries, communicates set up status to sales officer and field officers via regularly scheduled meetings. Acts as liaison between Treasury management, the client, and other business units to resolve all issues.
- Assists assigned Treasury Management sales officer as backup for on-site client calls as schedule permits.
- Attends TM Sales product meetings and contribute as appropriate.
- Leads team members to resolve system, operational, and product issues. Mediates solutions between the client and Treasury Management.
- May manage 1 to 2 lower level project managers.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 8 years related experience
- Minimum 5 years managing an extensive project(s) and/or team(s).
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent project planning and managerial skills are required to plan, assign and monitor all assigned projects.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website