PROGRAMMER ANALYST IV
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Develops, maintains, and enhances business applications providing specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. Utilizes a variety of computing architectures including client/server, intranet and Web. Collaborates with bank customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommends solution options.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provides business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new programs. Defines problems, identifies and analyzes application requirements. Develops analytical tools including logic charts, diagrams, record formats and coding structures to assist in problem analysis.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- May lead small projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer
- service levels.
- Maintains contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to
- keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 6 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- Minimum 6 years' experience with industry standard tools and languages (i.e. Visual Studio, Reporting Services, TFS, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services) required
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an online environment.
- Applies conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments desirable; in-depth experience in one or more is critical.
- Understanding of proper coding techniques and testing requirements.
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of project management technique is required.
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Understand integration patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience writing scripts using PowerShell
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
- Experience writing T-SQL queries, store procedures, functions.
- Experience developing SOAP and RESTful services.
- Strong knowledge of XML, JSON, YAML.
- Must have working experience with Visual Studio, Postman, SOAP UI, Ready API, Wireshark.
- Must have programming experience using: C#, VB .NET 5, ASP .NET, Entity Framework, ADO .NET, Visual Basic, CSS Styles.
- Must have working experience with GitHub, and GIT commands.
- Must have working experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Release Pipelines, Builds.
- Must have working experience with Azure Kubernetes Services, Azure Container Registry, Azure Functions, Azure Bus, Azure Events.
- Must have working experience with Azure Web Sites, Azure Apps, Azure Insights, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Key Vault, Azure Resources, Azure Functions.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website