MANAGER, FIELD TECHNICIAN
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Field Technician Manager is responsible for overseeing Colleague Service's Field Technician team ensuring colleagues are met with superb customer satisfaction and optimal technological performance. This role will create and track metrics for all tickets (Incidents and Work Orders) assigned to the technicians to capture, count, SLA met or missed, escalations etc. Serving as key contact for daily operations, the Field Technicians Manager will provide guidance and direction to the Field Technicians. Identify cost reduction activities to achieve financial benefits within the bank and collaborate with other areas of our Business and Technology Services department.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage and develop Field Technician staff. Monitor team performance and encourage training and development. Regularly review, assess and make recommendations for staffing changes (adds, region assignments, salary adjustments etc.). Conduct annual reviews for colleague performance.
- Assign Incident and Work Order tickets and manage the workload for absent team members to cover for sickness and vacation to ensure service does not falter.
- Ensure Colleague Services team is responding to colleague requests in a timely manner. Resolve escalations as quickly as possible to ensure quality customer service.
- Respond to colleague feedback and complaints.
- Create monthly reports and metrics for Team performance status. Monitor and evaluate team and contractor performance.
- Meet regularly with the team.
- Collaborate and communicate with other areas of BATS.
- Identify cost reduction activities to achieve financial benefits and manage department budget.
- Work in accordance to CNB's PRIDE principles.
- Complete all bank-required training in a timely manner.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT support role
- Minimum 3 years' managerial experience
- Minimum 2 years managing a department budget
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong managerial/interpersonal skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and discern when to escalate matters to Manager
- Understand desktop and printer environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding problem solving ability
- 1-2 years of banking or financial services experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website