MANAGER BRANCH II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Manages all functions of assigned branch with particular emphasis on managing a client driven sales and service environment. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing clients, providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to client needs, and actively embracing the Bank's segmentation strategy by referring new business to the appropriate segment/business partner. Plans, controls and directs the activities of branch personnel towards attainment of branch goals, including sales, client service and proper credit quality and risk management. Responsible for all aspects of assigned branches ensuring that all positions are fully functional and aware of individual roles and responsibilities. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop new client relationships within Personal & Business Banking target segments including small businesses and Preferred Banking through internal sources, referrals, and personal community involvement. Responsible for developing and growing their own portfolio of high value relationships.
- Mentor Relationship Managers in the refinement of their business development skills through joint calling and coaching sessions.
- Analyzes all financial and banking needs of clients, monitors clients' changing needs and operational risk profile and makes adjustments or takes action accordingly
- Teams with CNB colleagues to deliver financial services across the full product spectrum and provides a superior overall client experience
- Manages the sales and services culture for their branch
- Drives the obtainment of Branch goals (PMR)
- Manages and drives the attainment of individual production goals (IPR)
- Understands and manages all the financial levers in the office to drive increased revenue, maintain controllable expenses, improved profitability
- Recruit, build, and develop branch officer team
- Provide development coaching, advice, and counseling of branch colleagues
- Meets with officers on a regular basis to provide formal performance feedback and update their action plan to help them be successful in their assigned role and prepare them for future career advancement
- Makes joint calls to clients/prospects and provides developmental feedback
- Obtains client financial information for renewals and portfolio monitoring in a timely manner.
- Ensures Branch complies with Banking Regulations and CNB Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures Branch consistently monitors risk.
- Supports, respects and contributes to a positive culture which is committed to the Branch, Region and Division goals.
- Actively embraces the Bank's segmentation strategy by referring new business to the appropriate segment/business partner.
- Thinks and acts in the best interest of the Bank and our clients.
- Is a supporter and not a roadblock to change
- Identifies and maintains key internal and external talent pipelines in support of Bank needs.
- Represents the bank within the branch's community
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years of branch management experience in a branch environment
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing lending and business development activities
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong managerial skills with emphasis on planning, organization, leadership, and execution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all phases of branch management, including customer service, sales and risk management.
- Strong business development skills.
- Thorough knowledge of lending as applicable to branch's target markets.
- General knowledge of Bank policies and procedures and of overall Bank products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #LI-JO1 #GD-JO #CA-JO Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website