MANAGER CONTROL TESTING/REPORTING 1LOD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Centre of Excellence (CoE) is responsible for performing control testing for all of CNB's first line key controls. The 1LOD Manager Control Testing/Reporting is a key strategic and integral role for the overall success of CoE. This role is responsible for (i) leading teams to perform control testing that evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of CNB's first line key controls; (ii) analyzing, aggregating, and articulating the results/issues/recommendations related to control testing activities; and (iii) championing a thorough understanding of CNB's Internal Controls Management Policy, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards. This dynamic position provides opportunities for working across CNB, including across the business, 2LOD and internal audit.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for performing and leading teams to perform Control Assessments (i.e. Testing) that evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of CNB's first line Key Controls
- Champion a thorough understanding of CNB's Internal Controls Management Policy and Standards, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards, including but not limited to enterprise risk management, data governance, third party risk management, model risk management, business continuity, fraud risk management, and associated regulations, guidance, and regulatory expectations
- Support development of control testing frameworks and methodologies
- Develop robust and scalable testing modules, scripts, and other guides including testing approach and scoping/sampling for evaluating the effectiveness of CNB's first line Key Controls to mitigate key risk exposures related to regulatory requirements and CNB risk policies and standards
- Conduct peer review of control evaluation work papers and results
- Exhibit high attention to detail and strategic thinking in analyzing, aggregating, and articulating the results/issues of control testing activities and value-add opportunities for improvement of Key Controls to CNB Senior Management and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the articulation of results/conclusions/memos of control testing activities and communicate to key stakeholders across CNB
- Enable development, implementation, and continuous improvement of technology, tools, and templates that support control testing and reporting activities
- Create and memorialize detailed control testing documentation and review commentary
- Assist with the validation and closure of control issues as identified through testing
- Maintain solid working relationships with 1LOD, 2LOD and internal audit
- Assists management with developing budget estimates and manage resources to the annual budget and test plan
- Supports a high-performance environment by fostering an inclusive work environment, mentoring/coaching staff members, and enabling opportunities for them achieve development goals
- Engages in supervisory duties, performance management, and hiring of direct reports
- Acts as brand ambassador of the CoE by developing solid working relationships across the organization as to facilitate communication and strategic partnerships
- Contribute to ad-hoc assignments and special projects
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in accounting, finance, business, social science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controls testing, internal audit, quality control roles, or other complimentary capacities, preferably within the financial services industry, a public accounting firm, or with a financial institutions regulator
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB, FRBNY and OCC rules and regulations
- Experience with operating in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services
- Excellent analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in banking and risk management
- Strong project management skills
- Preferred Certifications: CPA - Certified Public Accountant, CIA - Certified Internal Auditor, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor, and CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Apply on company website