FULL STACK ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Full Stack Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining legacy and "Cloud First" applications written primarily in C# and focused on .Net Core and Azure cloud platform. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills and C#/.Net, Java, Python and full stack coding capability. This role will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. The Full Stack Engineer is an experienced, fully proficient professional with full understanding and in-depth knowledge of its discipline The Full Stack Engineer develops both front-end and back-end solutions. Designs, develops, updates/maintains solutions working within a development team. At this level the main challenge is to identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.The colleague in this position would be comfortable with the following activities:Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management. Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots. Collects and analyzes business requirements for large projects. Performs feasibility studies, translates requirements into an appropriate design. Identifies conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggests alternative solutions.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participate in the design & development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Writing great quality code with a drive for automated testing and validation based on the You Build You Own (YBYO) model.
- Perform diverse engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Research, influence and implement vendor dependency to simplify the architecture.
- Implement, maintain and update CI/CD pipelines on a cloud environment.
- Work with business partners, architects and other groups to identify diverse technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications.
- Design and develop API's for Omni-channel clients
- Build APIs and UIs to help make use of large data sets, infrastructure and user experience.
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepare programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepare programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyze and develop logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Or Equivalent
- Minimum of 4+ years of software development experience And
- Minimum of 4 years of experience: Java, .NET, Python And
- Minimum of 3 years experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL) And
- Minimum of 2 years in full stack development for cloud solutions (Azure or AWS) - Azure preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with UI/UX development & design systems: CSS, Web Components, Less, Sass
- Experience or exposure in big data and event streaming technologies: Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience or exposure in cloud technologies: Azure (big plus), AWS, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience or exposure with container and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience or exposure in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, BitBucket, Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- Exposure to Agile development concepts
- Exposure quality assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, NUnit, SoapUI or Postman
- Exposure of data management methodologies
- Exposure to serverless architectures and computing concepts
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website