FULL STACK DEVELOPER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining legacy and "Cloud First" applications written primarily in C# and focused on .Net Core and Azure cloud platform. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts.
At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills and C#/.Net, Java and full stack coding capability. This role will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. The Full Stack Engineer is an experienced, fully proficient professional with full understanding and in-depth knowledge of its discipline. The Full Stack Engineer develops both front-end and back-end solutions. Designs, develops, updates/maintains solutions working within a development team. At this level the main challenge is to identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business. The colleague in this position would be comfortable with the following activities:
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Collects and analyzes business requirements for large projects.
- Performs feasibility studies, translates requirements into an appropriate design.
- Identifies conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggests alternative solutions.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participate in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. 10%
- Writing great quality code with a drive for automated testing and validation based on the You Build You Own (YBYO) model. 15%
- Perform diverse engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support. 5%
- Research, influence and implement vendor dependency to simplify the architecture. 10%
- Implement, maintain and update CI/CD pipelines on a cloud environment. 15%
- Work with business partners, architects and other groups to identify diverse technical and functional needs of systems based on priority. 10%
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications. 5%
- Design and develop API's for Omni-channel clients. 10%
- Build APIs and UIs to help make use of large data sets, infrastructure and user experience. 10%
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications. 10%
- Prepare programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepare programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyze and develop logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4+ years of software development experience
- Minimum of 3+ years experience with databases and data modeling / design and stored procedures (SQL and NoSQL)
- Minimum of 2+ years in full stack development for cloud solutions (Azure or AWS) - Azure preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 4+ years experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Minimum 4+ years experience with secure coding practices
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working with RESTful APIs
- Minimum of 2+ years experience with DevOps (CI/CD)
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in unit testing, TDD and familiar with BDD
- Excellent understanding of SCRUM and agile practices
- Good communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to gather and document requirements
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CA-LKEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website