FULL STACK DEVELOPER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for developing applications at all layers: front end, middle tier, and the back end. The core focus for the position will be on implementing software for the digital wealth management platform with an emphasis on UI/front end development.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Middle tier development: API Design and development, RESTful services and applications
- Database development: Relational (SQL scripts, Stored procedures) as well as NoSQL
- Rapid prototyping and knowing when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Participating in regular code reviews and software planning/retrospectives
- Ability to advise and consult on best practices
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience in Web Design, Mobile and Front End Development
Skills and Knowledge
- Full stack development, with emphasis on front end development.
- 5+ years of front-end development
- Strong JS Framework experience (Express, Angular, React)
- Experience with C#, and solid working knowledge of SQL (SQL Server environment)
- Version control experience
- Possess a strong design aesthetic is a plus, (extra points for an online portfolio)
- Experience with UI style guides and/or component libraries
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Understands security pitfalls in web applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Able to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Experience with UI and UX design & Mobile dev experience
- DevOps experience
- Experience with containers
- Cloud development experience - Microsoft Azure
- Adobe AEM
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website