ENTERPRISE DATA PLATFORM ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Enterprise Data Management Platform Engineer is a key role responsible for developing and supporting the Enterprise Data Management solution for City National Bank.Typical day to day responsibilities include building, installing, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining technologies related to Data Management. This role works closely with development teams to help implement production and non-production changes, work on incident tickets and requests, assists in application release deployments and is required to participate in On - Call rotation. CNB has established its data management platform on Informatica including Informatica MDM, Power Center, Data Quality (IDQ), EDC and Axon.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage Informatica platform configuration and ensure compliance; implement and enforce security / standards, regulations and best practices governing company policies.
- Manage and monitor infrastructure.
- Designing and installing Informatica platform on Linux based IT infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud (Microsoft Azure).
- Implementing periodic upgrades and patching related to the Informatica platform
- Ensuring the accurate implementation of load-balancing, backup, security, log management and monitoring services.
- Ensuring all system SLA's are met.
- Timely response and resolution of incidents
- Deployment of code and migration of objects into production and non-production environments
- Configuration of Applications as required
- Design review and development of IDQ mappings on a need basis
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Informatica Platform (Either IDQ , EDC or Powercenter)
- 3-5 years' experience in experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment
- 3-5 years' experience years coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment
- 3-5 Years of experience in Platform
Skills and Knowledge
- 3-5 years' experience in Banking or Financial sector especially in terms of regulatory and strategic needs for data management is highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Informatica Data Management tools (IDQ, EDC, and Axon) preferred.
- Experience writing scripts in any language (ex: PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Familiarity with major Database Platforms (MS SQL Server and Oracle), including ability to write SQL queries to retrieve data.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Linux and able to administer using BASH.
- Understanding how to configure and administer application monitoring tools to assist with troubleshooting (e.g. Splunk or Dynatrace) preferred.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience with the concepts of CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery).
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website