BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST III
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Develop, test, implement, and end-user training and support of a wide variety of the Bank's systems involved in the various division specific systems and processes. Serve as the business expert for the development, maintenance, training, regulatory compliance and support of all processes related to systems. Coordinate business unit efforts required for project implementation and oversees all required post-implementation tasks to ensure business unit satisfaction. Perform system administrative, configuration and reporting functions in the division which are NOT the responsibility of Business and Technology Services. Runs database queries or creates Reports in support of management information needs.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
- Determine business unit system needs and objectives and consults with business unit regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Prepare business and system requirements for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to division management.
- Gather and writes-up business and system requirements, prepare test scripts, quality controls all changes, develop and code documents and supports the division credit, loan documentation and loan services teams for trouble shooting hardware and software
- Conduct all user and quality assurance testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Develop test scripts to quality control all changes. Interact with software vendors and BATS to implement software enhancements.
- Collaborate with Credit Administration, BATS, Legal, Product Management and others to create and implement correct forms, products and services as they relate to the system application.
- Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors or BATS to correct identified problems.
- Prepare end-user documentation on system enhancements. Communicate key system changes to the user community. Provide continuous training and instruction to users on system application use and business processes.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Run queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for distribution to line units, senior management, risk management units (e.g. Audit, Compliance and/or Credit Risk Review) or third parties (e.g. OCC, external auditors).
- Maintain current knowledge of related regulatory and bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Administrative, Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports or Business Objects required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a loan servicing/operations environment required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Prior banking experience and extensive writing and developing reports, and sales and financial modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of PC computing environments, experience with database/data warehouses, and experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and MS Access. Working Knowledge of financial analysis techniques.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly preferred work experiences:
- Using Oracle and/or Oracle Analytics
- Using/programming Java Server Pages & Scripts
- Writing Oracle Procedures & Views
- Experience with any web based loan origination workflow system (preferably FinanceCenter aka HCL CapitalStream)
- Experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- Experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports or Business Objects required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website