DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the direct supervision of the surgeon the Surgical Tech-First Assist, prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and assists the physician during procedures. Assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of others, and functions as a resource within the department.
- Assists before, during and after a surgical procedure. Within scope of practice, provides retraction, manipulation of tissues, hemostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient. Performs ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electocautery application.
- Assists in the preparation of surgical patients. Assists with positioning patients, applications of plaster casts, immobilizers and surgical dressings.
- Closes all wound layers (fascia, subcutaneous and skin), under the direct oversight of the surgeon, places tourniquets and catheters, clamps/cuts tissue and assists in applying wound dressings and drainage. Provides local infiltration or the topical application of a local anesthetic and hemostatic agents at the operative site.
- Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting the SCIP and VTE standards of care.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) and the State of FL Surgical Assistant Program, OR Medical School Graduate; OR allied health professional having completed 2250 hours surgical rotation.
- Current CFA having completed 350 cases.
- Two years of experience within the last four years.
- Current Certification as First Assistant (CFA)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association.
Citrus Memorial Hospital
Since 1957 we've been part of the Citrus County community, growing from a single community hospital into a system with 204 licensed beds, outpatient rehab, diagnostic imaging, laboratory services, clinics and family care centers.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website