Citrus Memorial Hospital
502 W. Highland Blvd Inverness, FL 34452Introduction
Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding areas for over 60 years. The 204-bed acute care facility offers 24-hour emergency room services, heart and vascular care, orthopedic and spine care, women's services, outpatient behavioral health, wound care, diagnostics, laboratory and rehab services. Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Citrus Memorial Hospital, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Histology Technologist II PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Histology Technologist II like you to provide expertise and champion results. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels the patient experience is as meaningful as we do.
- Prepare, process and stain pathology tissues and cytology samples for review by the pathologist under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director
- Embeds tissue specimens in correct orientation at a rate of 45 - 60 seconds per block.
- Sections paraffin blocks at an average rate of 35 - 40 blocks per hour.
- Produces sections of correct thickness with a minimum of cutting artifacts.
- Routine H & E stain performed according to Department procedure. Recognizes inferior staining prior to submitting and corrects the problem to meet standards.
- Performs any on-site special stains and histo-chemical methods
- Assist with gross examination of small biopsies and prepare tissues for processing, staining and screening of samples, batching and referral of cases to referral laboratories as required
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is beneficial
- A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Technical specialty in Histology
- 5+ years of experience required; 1-3 years in a high-volume histology setting preferred
Integrated Regional Labs (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. IRL is a laboratory service component of HCA Healthcare supporting hospital and commercial lab services for over 80 HCA facilities in the state of Florida.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Histology Technologist II PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website