- Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study
- 5 years Previous retail /wholesale industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills
- Possess problem-solving and mathematical skills and have the ability to make rational decisions
- Be multi-task oriented
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel out of the market according to business need
- Valid driver's license
The Dealer Business Manager-in-Training program provides training on the necessary principles of the Dealer Business Manager position which includes but not limited to:
- Counsel wholesale customers on retailing factors including competitive pricing, customer service, and retail facility appearance and cleanliness, assisting them in managing their business, improving their bottom line and maintaining compliance with brand and image requirements
- Offer guidance to station operators on station management functions including employee selection and training, money management, and inventory management
- Survey competitive retail prices throughout the territory and evaluate trends and market conditions; recommends retail adjustments within established strategies and company guidelines
- Provides support for the development of ancillary profit centers. These opportunities may include convenience stores, marts, snack shops, service bays, car washes, and joint ventures
- Monitor facility physical conditions and ensures appropriate maintenance activity is conducted
- Ensure station operator compliance with franchise agreement obligations and laws related to environmental record keeping and safety standards. Verifies station monthly CSLD testing compliance
- Ensure station compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements - stays abreast of industry related laws, audits and enforces adherence to requirements, and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Help with the investigation and resolution of customer complaints
- Coordinate all activity related to the sales, marketing, and merchandising of company products
- Energize and motivate station operator organization through value added meetings, timely and positive communications, and effective sales calls
- Encourage station operators to develop strong community relations
- Maintain knowledge of multiple supplier brand programs, requirements and procedures
- Deliver customer buy-in and compliance with corporate and supplier brand programs
- Review P&L and other reports on a daily and period basis for opportunities to maximize territory profitability, cash flow, and customer satisfaction; Ensure financial integrity of station operators and our Company by routinely monitoring station gasoline volume levels, investigating significant volume improvement opportunities, and consulting with station operators on the optimum implementation of marketing programs to increase sales and profit
- Develop, execute, and maintain territory business plans, evaluating performance data, and providing action plans to the Regional Operations Director; Assume accountability for individual site profitability and the attainment of quantitative and qualitative territory performance objectives
- Generate a yearly budget and accomplish related results
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend sensible station capital projects
- Assists with the collection of accounts receivable balances on a routine basis
- Increase wholesale fuel volumes through customer counseling and acquisition of competitive conversion accounts and new to industry sites
- Work with executive management as it relates to the dealer business
- Actively solicit territory new business opportunities; develop new account proposals and negotiate proposal elements to deliver new business growth targets
- Qualify prospective customers through financial analysis and candidate evaluation
- Contract preparation and presentation
- Managing credit risk/exposure
- Control expenses
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, business networks, best practice monitoring; and professional societies
- Other Duties: The Dealer Business Manager also performs similar duties as he/she deems necessary for the proper execution of duties or other duties as delegated by the Regional Operations Director.
The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential task and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms. The employee may also be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or carry, up to 40 pounds from ground to waist level for up to 30 minutes of a workday. (I.e. to move, transport and distribute printed materials).
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds. (i.e. constructing sales seminar booth and materials).
- Ability to drive 75%, unassisted for periods of up to 8 hours.
THE ABOVE DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY THOSE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF THIS POSITION.Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website