The Section of Cardiovascular Surgery at Creighton University Medical Center and CHI Health is recruiting an academic Division Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery to be part of our vibrant program and expand our clinical, surgical, research, and educational activities in conjunction with our Department of Surgery and Cardiovascular Medicine
At Creighton University Medical Center, our Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the nations highest quality, award winning heart programs. We are a designated TAVR Center with a high procedurevolumeand excellent outcomes. Supported by a highly ranked team of interventional cardiologists. Our Cardiac Surgery program is part of our integrated, multispecialty system, working with every member of the cardiovascular medicine team committed to the highest outcome of every procedure we perform. This opportunity is ripe for a visionary leader to build and grow an adult cardiac surgery in all of its domains in partnership with outstanding colleagues and forward-thinking and dynamic academic and business leadership.
In addition, our program is further augmented by our many other resources associated with our academic institution including our inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program
Resident activity with the department of surgery is highly engaging at our University Medical Center and Level I Trauma Center.
Candidates are expected to have at least 7 years of clinical experience and track record of scholarly and educational activities at the level of Associate Professor at Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Working in an academic and teaching environment educating Creighton Universitys surgical residents and medical students and conducting research in collaboration with scientists within Common Spirit and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Reporting to the Creighton Chair of Surgery and CHI Director of Surgery
- Highly competitive Salary Guarantee
- Paid Relocation Expenses
- Omaha, Nebraska is consistently ranked as one of Americas best cities for livability, affordability, quality of life, and schooling.
- Electronic medical records via EPIC
- Universal Care model entire hospital floor dedicated to CV
- All cases staffed by B/C Cardiac Anesthesia
- 4 OR suites including 1 hybrid suite
- CHI and Creighton University Medical Center are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Women, Under-represented minorities, and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates, please submit a CV, along with a letter of interest detailing your past accomplishments, to:
Creighton University/CHI Health
Academic Health System
CHI Health has partnered with Creighton University School of Medicine, a reputable and prestigious medical school with strong Jesuit values in education, research and service. Together, we are shaping a new future for Academic Health and serving as a trendsetting model for academic health system of clinical care embedded in education, research and innovation. Our new Academic Medical Center at Bergan Mercy supports a culture where academic and community physicians collaborate.
About CHI Health
CHI Health, sponsored by Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), is the largest faith-based healthcare system in Nebraska and southwest Iowa. A growing multi-specialty network of highly-skilled medical providers, we offer primary and specialty care at more than 100 locations throughout Nebraska and Southwest Iowa. CHI Health Clinic and The Physician Network combined employ over 900 physicians and advanced practice clinicians representing more than 40 specialties.
Apply on company website