JOB PURPOSE: The Nurse Assistant will support the instructional program by creating a climate of health and well-being in the school and by addressing the health needs of the school, consistent with the goals set forth by CSUSA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Nurse to keep a complete, up-to-date health record system using available technology.
- Monitors newly enrolled students in order to ensure that state law and district policy are implemented concerning health issues (i.e., immunization, medical records).
- Advises and counsels students, staff and parents, as appropriate, concerning health issues.
- Makes referrals to school Nurse as necessary.
- Provides input to the administration concerning the implementation of state law and the development of CSUSA policies and procedures related to health issues.
- Provides first aid as needed if certified.
- Assists emergency care givers as applicable.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate records as required.
- Makes recommendations to the principal regarding health and safety to promote a safe, healthy and comfortable learning environment.
- Communicates with parents/guardians as needed concerning their child's health.
- Keeps staff informed about relevant health issues.
- Communicates with various health-related organizations in the community and surrounding areas as needed for students and staff.
**MAY PERFORM OTHE DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individual at all level of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting the report electronically when needed.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Computer Basics – Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Student Information System (SIS).
- Knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
- 1-3 successful experience as a nurse assistant.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website