DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and complete imaging services. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. For more information, please visit www.CentralFloridaRegional.com. Central Florida Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. Position Description This position assists the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Chief Executive Officer with financial analyses in the following areas: strategic analyses, operational analyses, budgeting, financial reporting, cost reporting, PLUS productivity, product line analysis, internal controls, compliance assurance, payroll, tax, and external/internal audits.
- Create a systematic reporting mechanism on a monthly basis that analyzes Physician profitability, identifying changes and/or trends, and reports these to the Chief Financial Officer
- Create a systematic reporting mechanism on a monthly basis that analyzes Product Line profitability, identifying changes and/or trends, and reports these to the Chief Financial Officer. Partner with department leaders to improve overall operational and financial efficiency based on the findings of these reviews.
- Hold responsibility in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer for administering and analyzing all Physician Indigent Care Call Coverage Agreements.
- Serve as the facility Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Coordinator. Hold responsibility for updating the RAC Log and monitoring RAC accounts through the denial and appeal process.
- Hold responsibility for review and accuracy of all Physician payments made by the facility
- Serve as the facility contract control log coordinator. Manage all Physician and Vendor contracts to ensure they are reviewed for financial viability and monitored for timeliness and compliance.
- Reviews and monitors the Hospital's system of Internal Control, making appropriate recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer and Controller for needed improvements
- Perform a monthly denial review which includes a follow up of the top 80 percent of facility denials. Create a monthly snapshot report for review with facility Chief Financial Officer.
- Participate in the facility's annual strategic plan review process. Assist the executive team with the strategic plan presentation. Ensure the executive team remains on target with all assigned due dates as outlined with the plan.
- Prepares workpapers and accumulates documentation required by the Healthcare Financial Group for the preparation of the annual Agency for Healthcare Administration prior year actual return.
- Perform a daily review (business day) of all self pay admissions from the previous day. Ensure Iplan accuracy and appropriate follow up by Medicaid Eligibility Vendor. Lead self pay review meetings twice weekly.
- Prepare month-end reports analyzing admissions by product line, Outpatient activity by service code, ER visits by zip code, age, and financial class, and cash net revenue by product line.
- Assists in the monthly closing process as it relates to the facility's imaging center COID's (LAD Deltona and Mobile PET CT). Prepares journal entries and schedules, utilizing the appropriate documentation and source materials, by the 7th calendar day following each month end.
- Attend monthly utilization review committee meetings. Assist case management with the design and reporting of key utilization metrics (e.g. avoidable days, readmissions, LOS analyses, etc.). Record minutes and ensure follow up on all actionable items as a result of this committee.
- Maintains files for original entry documents, work papers, and computerized printouts. Files all documents in an organized and neat manner.
- Consistently provides accurate information and timely assistance as directed by the Chief Financial Officer to ensure effective department functioning. Consistently completes special projects or assignments within the timeframe allowed. Demonstrates the capability to function at a high level under deadlines.
- Provides recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer in assuring the integrity of financial reporting results and statistics.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree is required
- 3-5 Years of experience
- Skills: Multi-tasking, good verbal skills, interpersonal, customer relations, mathematical, analytical, grammar/spelling, read/comprehend written instructions, Computer (Intermediate MS office programs, Outlook)
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life, Disability Benefits
- And much more!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website