RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE & OFFERING A $20,000 Signing Bonus
Centerpoint Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Telemetry Unit and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Telemetry nurses assess acute changes in patients. They monitor and analyze the heart rhythm of patients, interpret ECGs, note arrhythmias, and intervene in emergency situations. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 36 Bed Cardiac Telemetry Unit
- Wide variety of monitored patients, Chest Pain, Stroke, COPD, Post Ops, GI, Accelerated Heart Rhythm, respiratory, Drips
- Step down from PCU and Level II Trauma Center
- Career pathing and elevation to more critical care provided
- Team provides support, guidance and education for each other
- Provides care for ages 16 and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age 40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
- Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable enough for transfer.
- The registered nurse on the Unit will, in addition to basic preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial, spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the patients requiring step-down care and cardiac monitoring.
- Must hold a current RN license from the Missouri State Board of Nursing or Multistate RN license from a participating compact state required
- BLS certification required upon hire
- ACLS certification within 1 year of hire date
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website