When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and its just one of the many reasons weve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, youll have everything you need to do something incrediblefor yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of Americas Best Hospitals.
Seeking an energetic and motivated Physician Assistant to join our growing Ears Nose & Throat Department! Our team currently has 5 Physician Assistants and 11 ENT Surgeons. The Physician Assistant role will consist of outpatient and inpatient responsibilities which include rounding on patients in the Medical Center and assisting in surgery. The Physician Assistant will also facilitate admissions and transfers from other hospitals, triages calls and take messages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, imaging, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as endoscopic evaluations, injections, suturing, ear wax removal, incision and drainage procedures, post-operative suture removal, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Assists surgeon in operating room procedures including retracting, providing hemostasis, suturing etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Graduate, AMA accredited program
- Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants
- CA PA Licensure by the State of California
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Two years of Physician Assistant experience in a relevant clinical area is strongly preferred, e.g., general surgery, reconstructive surgery, or other surgical specialties; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This sh...
Apply on company website