DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN and surgeon in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork as a member of the OR team.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Uses training and experience to make decisions on behalf of the OR and patient.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student loan repayment
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from Surgical Technology training program or LPN program required
- High School or equivalency required
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN candidates
- Technologist Certification preferred
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website