SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: Our goal is to assist all of our patients in restoring their lives with healthy outcomes from their treatment in the timeliest manner possible. Wound care patients receive a comprehensive evaluation and condition-specific diagnostic testing. A variety of treatment options, including Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, are used as indicated to meet the patient's needs. The most common types of wounds seen at the Center are diabetic foot ulcers, venous stasis ulcers and pressure ulcers.POSITION SUMMARY:
Facilitate care and education for all patients of the CRMC Burn Clinic. Facilitate professional education to staff, patients, and families.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses patients and their families for educational needs relevant to burn care.
- Assesses patients for physiological, psychological, comfort and safety needs.
- Serves as a clinical resource for the nursing staff and health care providers to assist with planning strategy for burn care needs, as well as ongoing education.
- Promotes optimum independence and return to self-care as applicable to each patient's individual circumstances.
- In accordance with all applicable regulatory standards; designs, implements and evaluates educational activities related to assessed learning needs or knowledge deficits or patient care professionals in assigned areas.
- Remains current in and applies new clinical modalities, technical competencies, as well as clinical and research literature related to burn care.
- Maintains needed documents and materials in an organized manner such that they may be easily retrieved.
- Completes assignments and meets deadlines.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, required
· State of Florida RN License required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Experience in acute care preferred
· Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Effective Communication skills – both oral and written
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Able to work independently and as a team
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website