The Individual Stewardship Team manages a program dedicated to the individualized stewardship of top donors. To do this, the Stewardship Officer works closely with Prospect Managers (PMs) to collaboratively develop and coordinate the execution of highly personalized Individual Stewardship Plans (ISPs) that define a tailored stewardship experience for each donor included in their assigned portfolio. The essence of the Stewardship Officer role is project management, with donor satisfaction and retention as the goal and a bespoke set of tasks driven by the donor's previous and current giving as the work of each project managed. To achieve success, the Stewardship Officer will be highly strategic in their partnership with PMs, navigating the complexities and competing priorities of donor preferences, partner needs and expectations, and project timelines and deliverables. The outcome of this work is an enhanced donor experience for the University's most strategically valuable donors, increased capacity of PMs unburdened from management of stewardship tasks, and the overall advancement of the University.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 2 years project management experience or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years fundraising or development experience or equivalent experience
- Experience as (or working closely with) frontline fundraisers preferred
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Execution: Drives the development and management of tasks, timelines, and workflows to completion
- Decision-making: Makes timely, impactful decisions based on facts, circumstances, and needs
- Communication: Effectively conveys information to stakeholders in a timely fashion; written and oral
- Diplomacy: Maintains confidence while communicating tactfully and in a politically astute manner
- Data Management: Collects, enters, and maintains data accurately with output and usage in mind
- Initiative: Takes responsibility for progress and outcomes
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-05-29-07:00
Job Posting Title:Stewardship Officer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website