The Faculty Club Chef De Cuisine is responsible to provide the expertise and leadership for the food preparation operation of Brown University Faculty Club. Responsible for collaborating with the Dining Services culinary team in producing a fine dining menu that enhances the Faculty Club's reputation and its ability to meet the standards of the Brown community and special party events. The Chef plays leadership role in assuring customer satisfaction; actively participates in customer focus groups and regularly interacts with the membership. Visibility and confidence in serving both front and back of house. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with campus community and private industry. Works on projects as assigned by the Director of Dining Programs.
Responsible for all food production related activities in the Faculty Club. With others, is responsible for menu engineering to assure a high degree of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates culinary flair and creativity in menu development, and food production/presentation. Researches new food trends; continually leads other team members in developing and establishing new food concepts that assure highest food quality, profitability, and membership satisfaction. Assists in planning special events. Using computerized systems, develops and assures compliance with all standardized recipes and production methods, integrating HACCP standards. Establishes all food specifications for the department. Is responsible for the maintenance of all related equipment. Continuously analyzes scratch vs. convenience products and production methods. The Faculty Club Chef must also be effective in cost control management as it relates to the menu/production aspect of the department. Is responsible for the timely and accurate ordering and inventorying of products.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to achieve positive working relationships with all levels of managers, employees and members.
- Works with other department team members in implementing departmental goals and objectives.
- Plays leadership role in assuring customer satisfaction; actively participates in customer focus groups and regularly interacts with the membership.
- Visibility and confidence in serving both front and back of house.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with campus community and private industry.
- Works on projects as assigned by the Director of Dining Programs.
- Responsible for all food production related activities in the department.
- With others, is responsible for menu engineering to assure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
- Ensure proper culinary techniques, protocols and sanitation standards.
- Degree from an accredited culinary school or program, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 -6 years' experience as a chef/manager in a medium volume operation. Or related experience in fine dining, a la carte and / or high end event business preferred.
- High degree of creativity in all food related activities. Display cooking and strong verbal skills a must.
- Extensive culinary expertise including baking and saucier. Knowledge of ethnic foods and general knowledge of various restricted diets a plus.
- Proven ability to train staff successfully. Ability to progress and operate professionally through chain of command.
- Thorough knowledge of catering foods and systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work as an integral member of a departmental team.
- Computer knowledge in menu and recipe management. Ability to work a flexible work week.
- Certified in Food Safety in Rhode Island
- Possess a willingness to promote an inclusive and diverse campus community
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal records check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-01-22-08:00
Job Posting Title:Faculty Club Chef DeCuisine
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website