The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) Assistant Director, Post-Award Services has the responsibility for overseeing the day to day operations of sponsored project, post-award account management at the University. In addition, the position will assist in ensuring a high level of service to Principal Investigators and Department Managers; monitor University compliance with sponsor regulations; and collaborate on assessing system needs and business process improvements of OSP and the research community. OSP is the central department within Brown tasked with providing administrative support to faculty & research staff in acquiring and managing externally sponsored research projects, funded by federal, state, foreign and private organizations as well as foundations and industry.
- Sponsored Project Administration: Work closely with the Associate Director, Post-Award in the Office of Sponsored Projects and other members of senior management on all aspects of the post- award process.
- Award Management
- Participate in departmental outreach and training activities.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, deployment and ongoing maintenance and use of research administration and financial systems and continue to develop, implement and enhance current post audit activities.
- Provide advice and assistance to faculty and staff and on-going sponsored project administration.
- Serve as mentor to staff within OSP.
- Undertake outreach and communication efforts in support of the research enterprise at Brown, arrange and attend meetings with faculty, project staff and department administrators.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting and seven plus years related experience in sponsored projects administration and management in an institution of higher education, hospital, or non-profit organization. M.B.A. or C.P.A. strongly preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Federal regulations for sponsored project funding; working knowledge of sponsored project accounting and reporting functions; working knowledge of the award life cycle, including pre-award activities; experience with external audits.
- Demonstrated skills in recruiting, developing, mentoring, training and managing staff. Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, faculty, deans, and external sponsors; strong organizational, administrative and time management skills; ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment; ability to satisfy divergent interest in support of broader strategic goals of the University. Ability to manage and safeguard confidential financial and business data and to ensure confidentiality is maintained by staff.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, to elicit and communicate information, to analyze and negotiate complex issues, and to prepare/present clear, informative and concise materials.
- Initiative and judgment to independently problem solve and prioritize. Ability to work independently, but also as a strong team player when needed. Must have flexible and adaptive work style to manage multiple priorities to achieve goals for operational efficiency and fiscal stability. Strong customer service orientation is required. Must be able to take initiative to keep up with changes in research administration policies and procedures, as well as Brown policies and procedures.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Background check: criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2020-05-15-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Director, Post-Award Services
Department:Office of Sponsored Projects
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website