SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nurse Extern to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
At this time, this position will primarily work as a Patient Safety Screener for individuals that may be looking to enter the hospital and will also work as a Nurse Extern on Med/Surg units.
The COVID-19 screener responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide screening to all individuals that enter the facility, using protocol and non-contact infrared thermometers
- Provide COVID-19 information FAQs and educational materials (as available) from EH/HR
- Champion for following preventative practices (proper hygiene, proper personal equipment (PPE), social distancing and other practices)
- Enter tracking data and provide to Employee Health daily
- Disseminating relevant policies and/or materials provided by EH/HR
- Being a general resource to caregivers and visitors
- General infection prevention of the screening station which includes: sanitization of the area at least once per shift, sterilization of equipment/instruments used, and inventory and requesting medical and office supplies
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required
- 1+ years of nursing school completed preferred
- Lifting 100 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required on all clinical nursing units.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Exhibits Compassion: Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others and to treat others with the utmost respect, dignity, courtesy, and confidentiality.
- Communicates Effectively: Ability to deliver verbal and written information in a clear, concise manner to ensure comprehension and achieve desired results
- Prioritizes Tasks: Ability to shift attention between multiple activities and competing demands, and to manipulate the order of tasks by importance.
- Works Well With Others: Ability to interface directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives to achieve optimal outcomes and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrates Professionalism: Ability to take personal responsibility for job action and performance, comprehend and perform job responsibilities, and adhere to the policies and procedure of the facility.
- Embraces Learning: Ability to actively learn and follow instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely fashion, including the ability to learn new techniques or procedures without incurring overwhelming stress
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 422-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. Brandon Regional Hospital has been nationally-recognized as an “A” rated hospital by the Leapfrog Group and as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Watson Health for 2019, proving you don't have to travel far from home to receive award-winning healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website