Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Certified Surgical Tech? At Boulders Ambulatory Surgery Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Boulders Ambulatory Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Surgical Tech like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company's mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
- Surgical Tech Certification
- One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Boulders Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Richmond Virginia. We serve residents in Henrico County and surrounding communities. Our Mission is to give high quality and cost-effective orthopedic care to the community. We established a total joint program in 2019. Our AAAHC accredited center performs over 250 cases a month. We offer the following orthopedic procedures: Arthroscopic, ACL, Carpal Tunnel, Fracture reduction open and closed, Frozen Shoulder, Knee Osteotomy, Meniscectomy, Rotator Cuff repair and injury, Total Joint Replacement of shoulder, hip and knee.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Certified Surgical Tech opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website