Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Managers are executives within the Bob's Discount Furniture organization and play a vital role by creating an atmosphere that establishes, nourishes and maintains Bob's Culture, ensures a world class customer service experience, as well as promotes the vision and direction of the Company. The Retail Store Manager ensures that the stores perform beyond expectations and in a manner that is consistent with the Company's core values and is expected to lead by example.
The primary function of a Retail Store Manager is to oversee, direct and guide all facets of the operation of a Bob's Discount Furniture Store in order to maintain the reputation, appearance and profitability of the location. The Retail Store Manager will maximize sales and achieve and/or exceed Company budgetary goals to include but not limited to sales volume, category volume, profit margin and metric's by following and enforcing all policies and procedures of the company and utilizing their retail expertise to recognize opportunity.
The Retail Store Manager will be committed to ensuring the optimum level of the safety and security for internal and external customers by ensuring the facility is in compliance to all local municipality and Company safety guidelines and is continuously maintained and that all cash handling and store opening and closing procedures are enforced.
The Retail Store Manager will maintain accurate inventory practices and will monitor periodic cycle counts to ensure efficient and effective reconciliations of location inventory according to Company policies and procedures.
The Retail Store Manager will actively engage, encourage, mentor and motivate direct and indirect reports and identify and determine professional development opportunities.
The Retail Store Manager will work with Senior Management to ensure the location is adequately staffed to meet and/or exceed budgeted sales numbers, that all Company guidelines' and policies are adhered to by all location employees and will oversee all employee discipline and employee relations issues with the appropriate partnership of Human Resources', Operations and Loss Prevention.
As a liaison to the community, the Retail Store Manager will establish themselves in the community and be recognized as a champion of honesty, integrity and good judgment.
- Spend 60% of time maintaining a visible floor presence
- Meet and/or exceed store sales goals as directed by the Company
- Maintain a visually appealing and safe facility
- Accurately manage inventory
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are strictly enforced
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
- Proven ability to set clear goals and expectations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and utilize communication tools appropriately
- Proven financial acumen and budgetary success
- Proven ability to exceed customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to manage and improve process
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to develop talent
- Proven ability to motivate self and others
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to use critical thinking
- Excellent identification of key causes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years sales experience in retail environment
- Proven successful commission sales experience
- 5+ years of Retail Store Management experience
- Proven track record of successful financial budgetary competency
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website