Regional Delivery Manager
The Regional Delivery Manager is Bob's Culture, Brand, and Customer Experience ambassador for their region and the company.
They operate a business portfolio directly consisting of primarily Third Party Logistic Carriers, as through which they indirectly support their assigned market of stores. The Regional Delivery Manager acts as a liaison and subject matter expert regarding 3PL Delivery Operations between an extensive list of cross functional internal departments.
The Regional Delivery Manager is accountable for ensuring their region and company exceeds their performance targets. They ensure they lead and communicate in an honest, transparent, and positive way, also known as “The Bob's Way.” The Regional Delivery Manager will relentlessly manage and improve both people and processes, through alignment of strategy that ultimately ensures the BDF brand promise.
- Responsible for the customer experience throughout their region, ensuring Bob's Discount Furniture is “best in class” in this area
- Lead and develop the team of logistics professionals adhering to the core values: Customer Service, Safety & Compliance, Commitment to the Environment and Continuous Improvement.
- Work with Carrier and Internal Cross functional leaders to identify areas of improvement and drive strategies for service and cost improvement.
- Monitor and communicate key performance indicators (KPIs) through their assigned network.
- Measure daily performance against key performance indicators and drive improvement.
- Inspire a culture of customer service focused on both internal and external customers.
- Manage expenses to budget levels.
- Accessorial Charges
- BDF incurred 3PL Depot supply expense.
- Routing efficiencies associated with daily routes.
- Conduct regular visits to each assigned carrier depot locations as well as supported market stores.
- Perform site inspections
- Conduct weekly meetings
- Provide training in applicable BDF systems/procedures when applicable.
- (Contractor Carrier Management ONLY)
- Provide guidance regarding operation of company owned equipment. .
- (Contractor Carrier Management ONLY)
- Support in market with carrier depot openings, depot closures, store openings, Carrier Action Plan projects, and large scale charitable deliveries.
- Monitor off-site contractor carrier delivery operations as assigned to insure that contract performance standards are maintained and complied with including:
- Compliance with MDOSA, addendums, and/or amendments including delivery standards.
- Ability to establish relationships and build communication bridges with company departments to influence sales, operational initiatives, coordination of logistics and ease of distribution, while displaying passion and extreme sense of urgency for the business
- Ability to constantly be taking initiative, self-creating a dynamic rhythm of travel and office workload, while also keeping Bob's leadership team in full alignment with their strategy.
- Team player with a positive, professional attitude.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to a level of high performance.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain poise under pressure.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to analyze data and drive improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in general office conditions.
- Field Work
- Conference Call/ Virtual Meetings
- Stand 10%
- Walk 10%
- Sit 80%
- Climb 0%
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 0%
- Lift and/or Move- Indicate in pounds 0%
Expected Hours of Work and Travel
- Typical Work Week (50+ hours)
- National Responsibility
- Travel Responsibility (Approximately 50%)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ experience in transportation logistics management with a proven track record of continuous improvement.
- 5+ years proven successful retail multi-unit experience
- A self-motivated leader who takes initiative without always being told what to do
- Track record of success in achieving sales and performance targets. Top quartile performer
- Track record of success in motivating others to achieve high level customer service rankings
- Track record of success in building high level, positive work cultures
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to identify, develop and retain talent
- Proven ability to drive results and execution by working through others
- Proven ability to hold teams and individuals accountable to achieve results
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
- Proven ability to set clear goals and expectations for themselves and their teams
- Proven ability to be intuitive and identify and fix issues before they escalate
- Proven ability to communicate directly, effectively, consistently, and utilize all communication tools appropriately
- Proven ability to manage and continually improve processes. Desire to always grow
Preferred Education and Experience
- Five+ years' experience leading high performance teams.
- College Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer abilities
- Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook minimally.
- Ability to master applicable software.
- Ability to motivate/develop others
- Familiarity with wood, upholstery, bedding, and leather furniture.
- Experience in alternate Big Ticket Retail.
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website