Statement of Purpose:
The Director of Facilities and Purchasing is responsible for leading the facilities and purchasing team. In this position the Director will partner with operations management and other functional areas to support 440 restaurants in routine services and capital equipment purchases. Other responsibilities include implementing safety procedures, engaging with vendor and contractor relations, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditures. Ensures the continuous efficiency and service to Bob Evans restaurants.
- Strategic sourcing of qualified vendors via the RFP process and on-boarding of new vendors to ensure compliance with Bob Evans Restaurants' requirements
- Vendor relationship management including communications, performance reviews, pricing evaluation, and invoice audits
- Develop and maintain Facilities Manuals to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Follow-up on completion of major repair & maintenance and capital projects
- Tracking of repair & maintenance and capital project spend against the budget
- Coordinate project rollouts as required
- Identify and facilitate cost saving initiatives
- Support the restaurant teams by providing guidance with various repair & maintenance requests
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven leadership skills with prior restaurant/retail facilities management experience
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of HVAC, refrigeration, security systems, life safety, plumbing, and electrical
- Ability to assess processes to design and deliver opportunities for improvement
- Financial and budgetary management of multiple projects across departments
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree /or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job
- Minimum of 10 years in purchasing and facilities or related field
- HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and general trades is required
- Restaurant kitchen operations facilities experience is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel may be required based on business needs. Travel is estimated to be 15%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; walk; smell, use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and the ability to work on rooftops.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website