Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. The BMC Software Technical Consultant provides technical and IT process-related consultancy to accounts that require technical and product knowledge. Basic understanding of z/OS fundamentals is required. A general understanding of a major sub-system such as CICS and DB2 is a plus. Candidate must have excellent verbal communication skills.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle.
- Actively participates in sales calls. During the call the Technical Consultant handles all technical questions and explanations. Also, is responsible for explaining the technical capabilities of BMC's products vis-à-vis competition.
- Collects business and technical information from clients regarding requirements. Determines whether BMC solutions can technically satisfy these requirements. Confers with the sales representative, technical and sales management on these observations.
- Focuses on sales opportunities requiring solutions in heterogeneous hardware environments. Works with the sales representative with little supervision to define sales and technical strategies in dealing with the customer. Communicates his/her perception of the success of the strategy.
- Designs and builds customized demonstrations of BMC solutions for prospective customers. Presents and delivers these demonstrations to clients. Assists other Technical Consultants in developing demonstrations.
- Generates timely status reports, time usage reports, and expense reports as requested by management.
- Installs production and beta versions of the base BMC software at customer sites.
- Researches, composes, and delivers responses to RFPs. Interacts with clients to clarify requirements. Reviews RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows. Performs necessary equipment set-up and installation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or data processing or demonstration of equivalent knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Minimum of 10 years z/OS systems or major subsystem (STORAGE, IMS, CICS, DB2..)
- Proficient in the use of standard IBM utilities
- Proficient in the use of RACF commands
- Knowledge of CA Top Secret and CA ACF2 beneficial
- Ability to understand and write REXX code required
- Ability to understand and write Assembler helpful, but not essential
- Must demonstrate a proficiency in coding and modifying JCL
- Skilled in using SMP/E
- Minimum of 5 years with Windows/Unix/Linux operating system management, configuration and security.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) product.
- 5+ years of with Windows/Unix/Linux networking
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise preferable
- Experience with Batch files
- Understanding of Networking concepts
- Understanding of Security concepts
- Strong diagnostics, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong presentation and product demonstration skills.
- Field experience; preferred 3+ years sales or technical sales experience.
- Travel average is about 40%.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
- < Back to search results
Apply on company website