Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. As a global leader in innovative software solutions that enable businesses to transform into digital enterprise for the ultimate competitive advantage. We are seeking an experienced Presales candidate to focus on providing Value/Solutions Engineer capabilities around BMC's solutions.
What you will be responsible for:
- Coaching sales team on critical business issues faced by customers and help articulate BMC value proposition from a business value point of view.
- Articulating a vision which resonates with the customer and demonstrates value by understanding the customer's key value drivers and knowledge of BMC solutions to address their business needs.
- Build financial models that map solutions to business value.
- Establishes credibility quickly with executive customer stakeholders.
- Can draw insights about customers from public sources.
- Leverages their internal and customer network to add to the sales cycle.
- Partner with marketing to jointly execute field marketing programmes providing input on effectiveness of positioning and messaging.
- Maintain knowledge of and share industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues both internally and externally.
- Be recognised by customers as a Trusted Advisor.
- Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities.
- Customise and deliver technical presentations on BMC products.
- Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements.
- Identifies and develops innovative solutions to customer requirements.
- Responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of BMC's products versus our competition. Assist in developing competitive product white papers.
- Works with the sales representative with little supervision to define sales and technical strategies in dealing with the client.
- Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows.
- Researches, composes and delivers responses to RFPs. Interacts with clients to clarify requirements.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting at all levels including C-suite/VP.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Experience working in an enterprise-type software consulting or implementation environment.
- Prior Value Engineering and Presales experience and/or an operational background.
- Expertise in one or more vertical industries such as finance, telco or public sector.
- Experience in financial modelling the business impact of IT solutions.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- Strong knowledge of programming, debugging, and optimization on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms is advantageous.
- Bachelor Degree level education in a related field or equivalent training in business or account management.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
- < Back to search results
Apply on company website