PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach and evaluate nursing care; to ensure quality and efficiency according to established policies and procedures, and especially the performance of job-related technical skills.
Duty 1: Manages emotional and physical pain for patients and promotes comfort based on standards of care and protocols.
Duty 2: Ensures complete patient assessments and formulates an individualized plan of care.
Duty 3: Assumes an active role in keeping informed regarding changes in policies and procedures.
Duty 4: Supports the implementation of clinical changes and evidence based practices.
Duty 5: Tailors nursing care to meet the age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care.
Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge of standards that reflect professional and Joint Commission guidelines for care and recognizes personal accountability for the guidelines.
Duty 7: Demonstrates appropriate isolation techniques and procedures in accordance with universal precautions to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Duty 8: Assures patient's rights to confidentiality of care and treatment
Duty 9: Supports cost effective awareness and practices efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and equipment.
Duty 10: Demonstrates knowledge of correct use of all forms and documentation utilized in day to day operations of the department.
• Graduate of ANA-approved school of nursing.
• Licensed by State of Ohio Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration.
• Knowledge of medically related equipment for surgical and endoscopic procedures.
• Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
• Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
• PALS and ACLS certification.
• Experience in surgery, minor surgery, endoscopy or emergency room nursing.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more and lift work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The individual must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens. (HBV, HIV, etc.).
Apply on company website