PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Registered Nurse is to assume ongoing assessment, care planning, documentation of progress, and accountability, for his/her assigned patients within the home health care system. Manages on-call as scheduled in a consistently responsible manner.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide disease/diagnosis age specific care to the patients served with Bridge Home Health and Hospice.
Duty 3: Establishes and maintains communication/collaboration with the case manager, interdisciplinary team, and patient's primary physician regarding patient condition, orders, plan of care, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 4: Makes outcome driven visits as assigned by case manager/home health manager in compliance with the plan of care.
Duty 5: Able to communicate admission and recertification criteria specific to each patient.
Duty 6: Documentation is consistent with or exceeds Bridge Home Health and Hospice guidelines.
Duty 7: Manages on-call and helper assignments responsible to include keeping case manager and/or home health manager informed of any unusual or special incident occurrences.
Duty 8: Utilizes a team approach to teaching opportunities and family care issues of the patient.
Duty 9: Consistently maintains optimal patient care within budget constraints.
Duty 10: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 11: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and Medicare/Medicaid compliance to include OASIS if appropriate.
- Current R.N. licensure for the state of Ohio.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience.
- Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedure
- Homecare work experience preferred.
- Experience with trach/vents helpful.
- Experience with pediatrics helpful.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website