Blarney Castle Oil Co. is seeking to hire a Retail Inventory Specialist.
We are seeking these qualifications in a Retail Inventory Specialist candidate:
- Sound knowledge of financial standards and procedures is necessary.
- Well-developed computer skills are required. Should be proficient in personal computing tools, e.g., MS Office. Also should understand concepts and processes around POS and back office (accounting) software/data. Experience with PDI Enterprise, Verifone Commander POS, PDI Focal Point, and/or DM2 applications is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and knowledge of retail business processes, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
- Proven ability to build and maintain models, i.e., reporting structures, and interpret large data sets, generating relevant insights/recommendations.
- Experience with cross-functional project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet operating deadlines.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, business or closely allied field, combined with one to five years of retail inventory analysis is required. #CA
Major Duties / Responsibilities
% of Time
1. Inventory Analysis: Prepares and reviews analyses of inventory data. Monitors inventory levels in all categories. Identifies inventory variances/discrepancies and works cross-functionally to investigate and resolve them.
2. Auditing: Heavily involved in the inventory audit process. This includes oversight, internal coordination, and process management. Works with appropriate resources to manage cycle counts. Analyzes audit data; identifies and addresses variances. Reports audit results to necessary parties.
3. Financial Analysis: Prepares and presents financial analyses of inventory related data, including sales, margins, purchases, adjustments, and other aspects of retail operations performance. Recommends standards and procedures to improve inventory management.
4. Promotion and Discount Programs: Reviews performance of all promotion and discount programs. Ensures accuracy and integrity of process and data. Prepares and presents analyses of financial impact of promotion and discount programs and recommends changes to improve effectiveness of these programs.
5. Vendor Evaluation: Reviews vendor performance against contract standards by analyzing sales, margin, and overall financial success for each vendor program. Identifies vendor performance issues and works with operations to improve.
6. Operating Procedures: Develops and documents inventory management procedures. Supports store managers and retail staff on product dating, ordering, and other procedures to improve inventory management and reduce inventory costs.
7. Invoice Entry/Correction: Works with accounts payable and C-Store Managers to ensure correct invoice entry for inventory impact and vendor payment.
8. Ad-Hoc Reporting: Generates reports as needed to support operational needs.
Apply on company website