JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. Performs special projects and a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition. Follows procedures for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
• Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
• Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
• Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
• Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
• Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
• Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
• Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
• Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
• Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
• Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
• Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
• Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
• Effectively manages time and resources
• Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
• Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
• Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
• Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
• Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Ensures a safe, clean, attractive environment for patients, staff and visitors at all times.
• Cleans and sanitize patients' rooms, baths, offices, halls and other areas according to established standards.
• Maintains cleanliness of area and specific items to limit cross infection.
• Cleans assigned areas by washing walls, furniture, tile, fixtures, equipment and other surfaces with cleaning solutions.
• Removes trash and waste from assigned areas and refills all applicable dispensers following established departmental and infection control practices.
• Notifies supervisor immediately of low supply levels, and equipment malfunctions.
• Follows all safety guidelines and maintains areas in safe condition.
2. Demonstrates responsibility for maintaining floors by sweeping, mopping and applying floor finishes and polishing as required.
• Sweeps and mops floor areas, vacuums carpets, and spot-cleans carpets, using appropriate solutions.
• Operates various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical in cleaning floors and carpets.
3. Demonstrates good judgment in the ability to organize work.
• Completes all assigned work during the shift without sacrificing the quality of work.
• Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
• Continually strives to make the best use of time during the shift through careful coordination of daily tasks.
• Completes assigned work left from previous shifts and reports all incomplete assignments to ensure continuity of procedures.
4. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of sanitation, use of disinfectants, safety standards, and the proper operation of cleaning equipment.
• Competently operates various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical and electrical.
• Disposes of materials according to proper policy guidelines.
• Observes established isolation and asepsis techniques in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Strictly obeys regulations for infection control.
• Uses supplies and equipment according to standards and within manufacturers' guidelines.
5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Housekeeping experience preferred.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Able to understand and carry out instructions.
Able to identify and follow directions for chemicals used in performance of duties.
Dependable and motivated to complete duties without constant supervision.
Reference DOT 323.687-010 (Cleaner, Hospital) – Strength: M – Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: patient demographics.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification.
Apply on company website